Singapore Cranes Association (SCA) was set up since 1975. It was established by pioneers of the mobile crane industry to promote the development of this sector. It was to gather, hold regular meetings for review of current crane business, discuss future outlooks and build relationship with members. Importantly, we can celebrate traditional festivals to preserve cultural values. Cranes for transportation and construction are crucial part of any country’s infrastructure. We play an important supporting role.
SCA represents the crane industry in National Crane Safety Task force. We involve ourselves in many dialogue sessions with different government departments and grass-root leaders. These sessions enable SCA more information to future developments and directions in order to plan ahead, seek new opportunities to thrive in any period. In the business world and the trend is globalization, we encourage active venturing by co-operating amongst members. We are also a member of S’pore Chinese Chamber of Commerce. Membership stands about 55 companies which represent more than half of the cranes in S’pore.
The objectives of SCA include:
- Promotes a free market for crane operators and companies
- Promotes safe crane working environment for all stakeholders
- Promotes cooperation amongst members both locally and globally
- Promotes high quality, dedicated workforce in the crane industry
- Engages in upgrading technology for industry stakeholders